Thursday 19 November 2015

Production Team Name & Logo

Welcome back! Today, I will present my production team name which will include 3 draft logo designs, concluding with our final logo design! 

PRODUCTION TEAM NAME

First of all, I will talk about the painful process of our production team name. As a group, we used a particular rule in which would make it easier for us to find an appropriate name, we took positive words for example, best, brave, bright or strongest and translated them into Latin (Hint! Words always sound cooler in Latin!) Here is the official list we composed: 

  • Fortissimum (Strongest)
  • Ignis (Fire)
  • Elementa (Elements)
  • Exemplar (Original)
  • Dulce (Sweet)
  • Optimum (Best)
  • Lux (Bright)
After endless discussions, we all decided on the name 'Elementa'. Why? Well, Elementa is the Latin word for 'elements' in which there are four; fire, water, air and earth. Now, since there are four people in our group we saw it fit to be our name because it ultimately represents us in a specific way in that it shows all four of us have different elements that are stronger when referring to our skills within Media. It symbolises that all four of us are different and that is what makes us the best, the fact that we can produce the best product by combining our strengths in media together. Therefore, our whole ethos as to say of our team is to create a fantastic product, using the 'elements' of the group, in which are our version of those elements which are media related. 

LOGO'S

With that discussed and decided, we could then move onto logo's. We wanted to show what our team was inspired by using the colours of the elements and symbols of the elements in order to portray to the audience a sense of recognition in which they will see the logo and know who we are, our ethos and our purpose. Therefore, I was asked to create 3 draft logo's since I am technically advanced as to say. 

DRAFT 1:


Here is the first draft. Now, you're probably thinking there's too much going on here, and that's what prevented us from picking this logo. Indeed, we have shown the elements and media crossover however we thought this was ultimately too 'tacky'.

DRAFT 2:


Here is the second draft. In this draft, I decided to focus more on the colour scheme and how the logo can be manipulated in different ways. First of all, the colour scheme is important with our name due to the 'elements' aspect to it, therefore I needed to portray that very clearly within the logo. I felt like I achieved this with thanks to the tiled image next to the text in which I used the colour code of the four tiles to cross over the colour scheme well with the text. However, we first felt that the font was too 'off putting' in which I could have happily changed the font, until we decided that there was another design which was more simple and elegant. 

DRAFT 3:


Here is the third draft. Personally, I really liked this design, the font was suitable and the layout was unique with the little shape coming off the 'A' at the end of 'ELEMENTA'. That shape symbolises the 'air' element out of the four, in which I thought I could easily incorporate into the text. However, colour schemes seemed to be too direct towards the audience. As much as I like this design, we set this aside. 

FINAL DESIGN:



And here is our final design! With this, I changed the font to be more readable and simple, as that is what the audience will want from a logo. I also added a colour scheme which displays the elements individually. I then also researched simple shapes to represent the 'air' element in which these intricate, curved lines came to be within our logo. Overall, I am very happy with this logo in terms of its simplicity and its representation. 

Next time: I will be detailing a summary of our initial narrative discussions! See you then!